Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Data
- Denominator (DN) and Master Beneficiary Summary File (MBSF) Data
- Home Health Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) Data
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) - Patient Assessment Instrument (PAI) Data
- Long-Term Care Minimum Data Set (MDS) Data
- Medicaid Analytic Extract (MAX) Data
- Parts A & B Data
- Part C (Medicare Advantage) Data
- Part D Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Data
- Part D Prescription Drug Event (PDE) Data
- Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (T-MSIS) Data
MedRIC Custom Data Structures
Our custom data structures:
- capture comprehensive health information;
- remove, encrypt, and/or limit personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI);
- improve the intelligibility of CMS data through knowledge-building documentation; and
- reduce the amount of time and effort required to use CMS data for research purposes.
NIA Study or Survey Data Sources
- Wisconsin Longitudinal Study (WLS)
NOTE: Additional data from other data partners are forthcoming.
- Change Logs
- Data Dictionaries
- Methodology Statements
- Security Materials
Searchable and comprehensive Enclave User Guide
- No Internet connectivity within the Enclave to meet CMS security mandates.
- Top-tier Internet Service Provider (ISP) in support of multiple and concurrent connections to our Enclave.
7:00 - 9:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) on the third or fourth Tuesday of every month.
- File storage up to 10 times the size of your selected research dataset(s) for your study.
- High-speed, temporary storage (Solid-State Drives) allocated to your study for rapid data processing.
SupportPal for securely sending questions and reporting issues to MedRIC Support within the Enclave.
A tool for requesting to transfer files into and out of the Enclave.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Notepad++ (Text Editor)
Team Collaboration Tool
Mattermost for securely* communicating with team members within the Enclave.
*You can only access Mattermost within the Enclave.
- Produce datasets and supplemental resources (e.g., sample programs and data documentation).
- Have 20+ years of experience processing and analyzing all forms of CMS data for a variety of federal agencies, including but not limited to CMS, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Data and Systems Security Experts
- Review all file transfer requests.
- Have 15+ years of experience securing the Enclave in accordance with Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 (FISMA), CMS Acceptable Risk Safeguards (ARS), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
MedRIC Enclave Support Staff
- Serve as primary point of contact for all Enclave matters and troubleshoot basic issues.
- Coordinate with additional support teams to resolve complicated issues.
- Assist Enclave users with onboarding and troubleshoot system related issues (e.g., network, software).
- Have 15+ years of experience configuring and managing federal information systems, including Acumen's CMS Data Center.